Monday, July 21, 2008

He-Man or Luke Skywalker?


I told Ian that if he could go potty for a week like a big boy (not in a diaper), then he got to pick out a toy of his choice. I should have known it would be a sword. We had to have a long talk about not hitting people on the way home from the store.
Ian is for real potty trained. Even as I write this I am still surprised. We were down to like three diapers and I didn't want to buy more, yet. (Sometimes I feel like I go to the store to pick one thing up everyday). So, I made him wear undies and I constantly asked him if he had to go potty, plus we played outside alot and I didn't care what he did out there. Yeah, in the first two days we went through about nine pairs of undies. But, I didn't care. Then, it got easier and easier and now Ian wears one pair of undies a day! So, he got a light saber:)
Sometimes I don't think he is always listening or understanding what I'm saying to him. While Aaron was taking swim lessons, Ian was jealous and wanted lessons too. I explained to him that he couldn't until he was potty trained. About three days after he was wearing only one pair of undies a day, he reminded me that he could take swim lessons now. And so he is for the next two weeks.

3 comments:

Jami said...

Woo Hoo for undies! Isn't it awesome when it clicks. Now your down to one in diapers. I bet that feels great.

Jessica said...

yeah!! what a good feeling huh? good luck with the sword =)

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

Yeah Ian! Now you only have 1 left in diapers :)