Monday, August 4, 2008

Boy Talk

First, last week I had my wisdom teeth out and even though I was a little nervous, I lived through it. The trauma has worn off and made me able to update my blog again. However, nothing interesting has happened here and probably will happen here until Thursday (when we arrive in California). So, stay tuned for that. For now, I'd like to share some wonderful excerpts from the mouths of my boys (because Lani is limited to ma ma, pop (not for daddy, just everything else), some rendition of hewwo (hello on her pink power ranger phone), and uh (which usually means I want what you have).

Awhile ago:
Aaron: Mommy, will you always be my mommy?
Mommy: [Ahhh, how sweet] Yes, Aaron I will always be your mommy.
Aaron: But what if I want a different mommy?
Mommy: You're stuck with me, why? Who do you want to be your mommy?
Aaron: Aunt Sara.

About a week and a half ago: (PG-13)
Daddy: Ian, go potty!
Ian: I don't have to.
Daddy: Then why are you holding your pee-pee?
Ian: So it doesn't run away.
Daddy: [Brief pause amidst stifled laughter] Ian, mine has never run away.
Ian: Mine did. I had to chase it.

Today:
Aaron: Mommy, do you want to get up and do something for me that I want you to do?
(He wanted something off the counter and didn't want to get up.)

Today:
Ian: Aaron, pretend I have a sword up my bum.

That's all I can think of for now, but don't worry, there's always more.

3 comments:

Carrie Merino said...

Oh, Tara, you had me laughing out loud. I'm sure all mom's have had that new mommy conversation at some point. I know I have.

Chelsea Nicole said...

HAHAHA Your kids are so dang funny! All their sayings make me laugh so hard

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

Yep I was laughing out loud too!