Monday, August 4, 2008

A Day In the Life

So, my friend posted what she did on a typical day and I thought I'd do the same. The smart thing would be to plan to do this ahead of time, but with our impending trip, I thought I'd just backtrack today. I just read this back and it's pretty boring, but here it is anyway. First off, I almost always make a to do list the night before. Here is where I write down everything I can think of to do so that I can check off as many things as possible (it makes me feel productive).
Lani was up at six and in our bed with her milk by 6:30 when Ian wandered in. For about ten minutes I pretended I could go back to sleep wedged between Ian and Lani before I gave up and got them breakfast. Usually, I limit them to cereal, but we had leftover pancakes from Saturday. Monday is trash day so I checked that off and continued on to the dishes and folding the whites. I can't seem to fold laundry without the tv on so I turned the Today show on (surprisingly no requests for Super Y) and was informed the Olympics start next week. I explained to Aaron what that was and somehow managed to get emotional about how our countries all come together to compete in these games. Silly, I know.

Swim lessons are over so we don't have to rush off anywhere.

9:00am-Put Lani down for a nap and headed outside to mow the lawn. I love how it looks mowed because you can't see the weeds as well.

11:00am-Ran to Wal-mart (for milk again) and came home with more than I intended. I hate running errands in the afternoon because the kids (and me) are tired by then, so I try to do all that before lunch.

12:30pm-Lunch. PB and Jelly for Lani, PB and Honey for Ian, and just PB for Aaron. Meatballs and rice for Brad and I. Only one milk spill.

1:30pm-Rest time (aka tv time). We read a couple books, then I sat and watched Batman while the kids played around the basement. Yes, I watched Batman.

2:00pm-Lani's nap, my computer time.

2:30pm-Ian pees in his pants and on Aaron's blankie (so much for potty-trained) so I start a load of laundry. The boys continue making a mess of the basement and I finish my blogging and emails until play in the sprinkler time and clean up time.


2:45pm-My neighbors interrupt my little bit of personal time to tell me about something I don't really care about. (This may seem rude, but it's part of the daily routine). First they call, then they ring the doorbell to bring me something I will not use, inevitably waking Lani up. Neighbors.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yay, you did a Day in the Life post:). I'm so impressed that you mow the lawn. You go girl. I also do a "man's" job--take out the trash:). I would prefer Rich to do it but can't stand it when it smells up the house so I just do it. I totally relate to your domestic and motherly challenges, too:).

MaryJo said...

Your yard looks so nice! I had to laugh at some of the things your kids said. lol