Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Doctor Visits

Today, Lani and Ian had their 1 yr and 3 yr checkups. I had a quick review of what they should be doing and what I should be doing at this time in their lives. I have to say, I really like my doctor. She knows my kids so well now and remembers what's happening in our lives. Brad says good thing I pay to have such good friends. So, Lani is on the right track for everything-in about the 50th percentile for head, weight and even height. Now, we just have to work on this odd sleep pattern she is developing (bad example from her brothers).
Ian is doing well, too. He is also in the 50th percentile for everything. He's really thinning out, but still very strong and just muscular. In his packet it talks about how his curiosity should be peaking about now and he will probably start asking "why..." a lot. It was like the day after he turned 3, all he could say is "Why mommy?" All day long. Such a curious kid. No hopes for total potty training, yet. We have short term (automatic) treats and long term (1 week) rewards, that have not been achieved yet, but still no go unless he really wants a skittle at that moment. Oh well, I guess this is what a normal kid is like. Everything seems to be passing so quickly (especially the nighttime). My kids are getting so old!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ian looks so handsome! And yes, it's worth it, one day you're kids will all reminice about everything they did as kids and you'll sit there glad they remember it and actually had a good time...that's what my mom said anyway and I'm hoping that she's right =)