Thursday, July 3, 2008

Pool Days

Swimsuits, sunscreen, swimmer diapers, floaties (all 5 of them), change of diapers, wipes, clothes, towels, snacks....the list goes on. Yesterday, I took all three kids to the pool by myself. It took us about 30 min to get ready, 5 minutes to get there, we stayed for about two hours, then went home where it took me 30 min to unload and get Lani to sleep. I'm really not sure about the benefits of pool trips. My kids have tons of fun, sure, but they fight while I try to get everything ready becuase I can't step in to resolve minor conflicts, then they are tired and cranky by the time dinner rolls around. Aaron had major tantrums last night. He was so tired he was crying over using a yellow cup at dinner time and it was too much trouble for him to get it himself, but he couldn't wait for me to do it either. This seems to be the case anytime we take the time to do something fun like go to the Childrens Museum or Wheeler Farm or anything we have to prepare more for. For some reason I do it anyway. Despite my complaining and wondering if it's worth it, I hope they look back and remember me taking them places and having fun together.

2 comments:

Chelsea Nicole said...

Oh Tara, You're such a good mother!

Jami said...

Amen sista! We have season passes to the Childrens Museum, let me know if you're ever up for a playdate there.