Monday, July 7, 2008

Independence Day Weekend






Okay, so we started the madness Friday morning with our Stake Fun Run. It's like 2.5 miles and I wanted to go, but it was at 8am so I kind of suckered Brad into going. I told him I would beat him. Those of you who know Brad know he does not wake up at 8am. Seriously, he is never on time anywhere, but especially early stuff. So, the challenge forced him awake. I kind of cheated because I told him he was in charge of Ian on his bike. But I had to watch out for Aaron on his bike and push Lani. I still won. Ian really is a handicap:) But honestly, I trash talk a little too much because Aaron would not slow down for me and stayed about a block ahead of me the whole time (that's cuz I told him I'd beat him too). I couldn't stop for fear he'd get run over, not that my slow self could've done anything about it. So we had breakfast and the stake had a bunch of booths for the kids to win prizes and stuff and it was all in all pretty fun. We went home for some rest at about lunch time, then headed out again by dinner. We picked up some pizzas and headed to the West Jordan Park where the boys had a good time on the bouncie things and played at the playground. Three hours later we found our friends we'd been looking for all night and hung out with them for some spectacular fireworks. Complaint to West Jordan City: Do not start fireworks at 11pm ever again! That is so late. Poor Lani slept straight through it despite the noise and people almost stepping on her. We rolled into our driveway after midnight. We were zombies for most of Saturday. Then, we felt anti-social as we sat on our deck overlooking the big party at our neighbors yard. So, we went over and yep, it was what I expected. The highlight was the fight that broke out between both sets of our neighbors' in-laws over the game of horse shoes. It was so great. Again, not in bed until midnight. No wonder my kids are sick. Sunday was really a day of rest. Tonight we have Marli's birthday party, then tomorrow Brad's work provides us with dinner and a night at the zoo. Yeah! I think we'll take a break after that.

1 comment:

Chelsea Nicole said...

Haha sounds like you had an eventful fourth! Congrats on getting Brad out of bed that rarely happens at 8 a.m. However i think the best part of this was the fight over the horse-shoe game with the in-laws haha