Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mommy Tips

Tip #1 When you are bored or tired of your kids fighting, help them each make a bag kite.
Yesterday, Aaron came home from school with this bag (plastic shopping bag like from walmart) decorated with stickers, tied to together with yarn wrapped around a popsicle stick. (His teachers told me he flew it all recess long). He thought it was the coolest and Ian of course wanted one. It was a five minute project that has given us hours of entertainment and not to mention exercise. It doesn't have to be a windy day because they think they have to run back and forth to make it fly anyway. My mom would say this is a great lesson for them on aerodynamics. I just like that I have to do very little.
Tip #2 Stairs are a means of punishment.
A mom of one of Aaron's schoolmates yelled at her 5 year old daughter "You'd better not do that or you'll be running stairs when you get home." This interested me so I inquired further and learned that her kids 5 and up run up and down the stairs when they get in trouble. Since this definitely would tire my kids out I am going to try it out and I'll update you on our success/failure.

Those are all the tips I have now, but when I come across any more interesting tidbits I will share and hope you will too!!

No comments: