Thursday, April 24, 2008

Vacation is Over

Well, vacation is officially over. As I look out my window at yet another snowstorm, I wonder...why did we come back? Oh, right, I really missed my kids. I would've updated sooner, but Lani is teething (she cut her first tooth the day before we left) and I've been up a lot and now we're sick with this head cold again. So, Hawaii was wonderful. As much as we missed the kids I was grateful they were in good hands (my parents' who spoiled them a ton) and they actually were fine without us. I wondered if Lani would cry a lot since she is basically always with me, but she didn't. My mom was with us for four days before we left to help with the change. Lani was really confused when I came home. It took her a few minutes to trust me again, I guess.

So, here's a visual recap:

The view from our room (the 19th floor) Lanikai Beach

Kayaking with my brothers at Kailua Beach Meeting my cousins at cousin Alette's

Polynesian Cultural Center Korean BBQ with family Back home

...too heavy... My kids

So, I have reconnected with my roots now and hope to go back again soon to build on my family ties. Little by little I am learning about where I am from and what that means to me now. I am happy to be home with my kids, but you would think I'd have more patience after a week off. That is just not the case:)

2 comments:

Jami said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. It's never fun coming back. It always seems the kids are louder and things get dirty faster but then you get back into the rhythm.

Jessica said...

i'm so glad you got to go...somebody should have warned us about returning. It definitely is taking a few days to get back into things. oh and i hope brad got more of a tan in hawaii because in the picture he looks a little out of place =)