Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sock Puppets



We got through Sunday morning Conference okay. Cars and Color Wonder entertained the boys and even Lani for a good portion of the morning. Light lunch and some time outside later, we started the afternoon session. I knew by then the boys needed some kind of structured activity (this usually occurs to me around mid-afternoon of a regular day when every other second fighting ensues). So, we decided to make sock puppets. It turned out really cute. We just used buttons and felt scraps and some old socks plus the glue gun. The funniest was when Ian wrapped two sock puppets up in a "blanket" (piece of scrap material) and put them over his shoulder to "pat" them to sleep. I wish I'd gotten that picture, but as quickly as it came, the moment was gone.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

great idea! I think we have everything I need to make sock puppets! Oh and I know I'm a day late but I hope you had a good birthday and that Brad did something nice for you! Love ya sis!

Jami said...

You are so creative! I definitely don't have that in my bones. Oh and Happy Birthday!