Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We won the lottery!



Okay, we didn't win any money. I was searching for some alternative schooling for Aaron a few months back and came across Entheos Academy. It's a charter school in our school district which means it's publicly funded, but doesn't have to adhere to the same exact guidelines as mainstream public schools. Anyway, I put in an application, but you are admitted by the luck of the draw. I didn't think we had much of a chance, but Aaron's name was selected and he attended orientation tonight. Their philosophy is called expeditionary learning which is basically a hands on approach. I like that they foster the theory that you learn by doing. Plus, they have solar panels on top of the school. I think that's cool. The school is still relatively young (about to start their 3rd year) so we'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

Jami said...

Yay! How exciting! I'm glad you found another option.

Jessica said...

that's great! It sounds like the perfect alternative. hopefully everything goes well. Oh and Lani is so cute! I ca't wait to see your kids this summer...oh and you and brad too =) And I deal with the screaming child everytime i go to the gym too, but after a long thought I decided that it's worth it. She just screams when i leave and I run out the door. But whenever I peek on her she's fine and playing...so I continue to torture her each week.

Chelsea Nicole said...

That is awesome!!!! I'm sure it will be great. I'm so glad that he got into something a little more challenging. Congrats!