Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What It's All About

First, I know my counter does not fit in my layout, but I'm too lazy to come up with a solution. Second, thank you fellow bloggers for making my day! Today, since Ian was up at 6am, (usually I put a movie on and go back to sleep), then Lani woke up 20 min. later (about the time I had reached my bed), I decided to get ready early so I could do my hair and try to actually look cute for a change. I had a lot of errands to run while Aaron was at school this morning so that seemed to be a good excuse to make myself look more presentable. Four and a half hours later, after Albertsons, Target, and the Library, Ian started his normal meltdown process (due to his early mornings). First he wouldn't get in his seat or put the seatbelt on (sadly, he can get it off by himself). Eventually, he even locked me out of the car (not new, but this time I left the keys in the front seat). I was able to coax him into opening the door (I may have yelled in the school parking lot a little). So, needless to say, by the time I got home, I was a little tired and frustrated. We finished the lunch routine and I sat down at the computer to have some "time away" as Brad puts it. I'm not sure why, but just reading the new stuff on everyone's blogs helps me relax and feel better as a mommy. I kinda feel like it's my communication with other adults that I don't get to get that often. Plus, all the pictures and funny stories make me remember that I really do enjoy being a mom despite the tough stuff. So, thanks everyone for reminding me and being my outlet=) By the way, if you guys have not checked out In the Motherhood (these Suave online episodes), they are hilarious. Just go to: www.inthemotherhood.msn.com
They're based on real mom's stories.

2 comments:

Carrie Merino said...

Oh, Tara, I know exactly how you feel!! I had one of those days when I was pregnant with Dallin. Sadie decided to run away from me in the Target parking lot. I ran after her and fell down (tummy first). After I finally caught her, and had traffic to a stand-still, she screamed in the car with me outside crying.

For some reason it makes me feel better that other people are going through the same things that I am.

MaryJo said...

I just love the public meltdowns. Luckily Brandon is usually good. On occation he acts out and I put him in timeout. I haven't been locked out of the house or the car yet. I have been locked out of my bedroom and then about 20 min later the Military Police came and told us they had a "911 hang up" from our house {sigh}. That was fun, mostly because our friends were over and he was a Military Policeman too.