Monday, July 5, 2010

California Adventure

I call this the California Adventure because even though we live here now, it still seems like we are on vacation (especially with the amount of family coming and going and well, Brad working from home). I told Brad that since we live here we are actually going to go out and explore this state of his. So we've been doing alot of exploring.
.I guess Mondos isn't really exploring since we end up here every year, but I did realize I've got to get a little bit better at my "get ready for the beach routine" since apparently we will be going alot. And, maybe I'll have to get over the don't get sand on everything mentality.
We also hiked to Paradise Falls. It wasn't exactly Paradise, but good job kids for walking about 3 miles and good job Dakota (our friend/cousin) for carrying Lani a good bit of the time.
Last week we joined Callie and her kids on their fieldtrip to Leo Carillo. This was very cool and a perfect day for a trip to the beach (sadly, we didn't take bathing suits). The kids saw all kinds of sea creatures and had a blast. Owen's ability to touch anything has really encouraged my kids to be a little braver.

Today we went to the Santa Monica Pier and Third Street Promenade. I didn't take pictures, but imagine my kids in front of a pier with a ferris wheel in the background or crowded around a bunch of street performers. Aaron actually won an overpriced game and I got a sincere "thank you for bringing me here mommy." This was preceded by a "why did you bring me here to the beach without my bathing suit and why do I have to wear a sweatshirt that is too big for me?"

All in all, I think that is a good start for our adventure. Hopefully, we can take a day off before we check out Silverstrand Beach on Thursday:)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

good way to make me jealous and want to live in CA again...glad you're enjoying everything =)