Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Adventure Continues...

So a couple of weeks ago my sister and brother were in town so we headed to the Getty Museum. It was cool and great hanging out with the fam, but not really a kid place. They did have a small kids area plus an amazing rolling hill, but the security guard kept having to come tell me to keep my kids away from the water. What can I say we love fountains. Plus, we have discovered the Janns Mall Fountains which you can run through-not quite as spectacular as Gateway's fountains (SLC), but pretty good!

My mom took us to the Sylmar Wildlife Learning Center last week and the kids had a blast. The macaws said hello to us, we were introduced to Walter the porcupine (who modeled for Over the Hedge), and the kids touched four year old tortoises which were smaller than our hands and pretty cute actually. Overall, fun trip and we all learned something:)

Still on my list of things to do before the kids go back to school are:
Temescal Gateway Park, and Bennet Honey Farm

Stay tuned for more adventures.

1 comment:

Jana said...

This is my first time back in the blog world....WOW you are such a cool MOM. You are taking the kids to so many fun places, places I didn't even know existed.You make California sound so exciting. I just hope we can move down there and all get to see each other often.