Monday, July 5, 2010

Birthdays

June 21st we celebrated Ian's 5th birthday. I still can't believe he is 5. We had a Pokemon theme and he had a big party. He had cousins, aunts and uncles and mema and tutu man. This smile pretty much says everything about Ian. He is a crazy ball of energy, but he is so cuddly and lovable too. He plays hard sometimes, but he is also very protective of his family.




June 29th Lani turned 3 years old. We had a Care Bear party with a princess cake and celebrated with different cousins, a different set of aunts and uncles, and mema and tutu man. We love parties! I have a tradition of taking diapers away when my kids turn 3 years old (with some training beforehand). I was a little unsure of how this would go since I tried it with her a couple months ago and it didn't quite work. I guess she just needed more time because she is doing great now! She is such a doll. She loves to help mommy, sometimes even disciplining her brothers.


Today, July 5, Melina turned 8months. I haven't blogged about her in awhile so I wanted to give a little update. Melina has been crawling for a couple weeks now. Currently, she not only crawls pretty fast, but she is pulling herself up on chairs. We keep looking for a walker for her, but by the time we find one she'll probably be walking. She's 2-3 months ahead of the rest of my kids. She's definitely trying to keep up. Either that or she is trying to catch me to pick her back up. She's been through a lot of changes with moving and meeting new people so she's a little nervous around people and wants to be held by me most of the time. She grabs at everything and gets the best smile and little laugh in anticipation of food. It's the cutest!

No comments: