Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day

When Aaron went to kindergarten last year I took his picture and I worried about him opening that big door all by himself. This year I believed I was prepared and ready for him to be gone all day long so I could have one less child to cater to. I was wrong. I had nightmares the night before and I woke up early, anxious about my little boy making friends. As we walked to school on the big day I wondered if I had prepared him enough for the tough days ahead. After I kissed him good-bye I remembered I never taught him to tie his shoes by himself. And at lunch time I worried that he wouldn't be able to open his fruit roll-up by himself. Finally, 3:15 rolled around and I could find out how everything went. When I picked him up I excitedly asked how his day was. This was his response: "Mom, we get two recesses!" What was I nervous about when he gets two recesses? Here's some shots of my first grader.


3 comments:

Chelsea Nicole said...

He's such a big boy, taking care of himself. He's a stud

Jessica said...

ahhh..aaron is old.

Jana said...

Man Aaron, you look really good in those glasses. I cant believe how old he is getting. and lets be honest....smarter than me!