Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fathers & Sons

So about a month ago (yes, I'm that far behind in just about everything I'm doing, even work) I FINALLY got to attend my first Fathers & Sons camp out as a dad. Last year, I was here and the boys were in UT. Year before, we were selling our house. Year before, I was graduating from University of Utah with a masters degree. So this year, I took the boys to Coriganville Park in Simi Valley, near where I grew up. We got pizza on the way, stayed up late, woke up early and had a great time. All those kids running around...it was absolute chaos! Best part of the trip was the morning hike. Another dad and I took a few boys to the top of the hills we camped against. We were just south of the 118 at the Santa Susana Pass, looking out over Simi. Reminded me a lot of catching a few sunrises at Rocky Peak back in high school.

"See this rock I'm standing on? It's big like my arm muscles!"

Nice shot of Aaron as we start the morning hike.


Here's all the local hood-rats looking for trouble.


Apparently "make a funny face" translates to "look like a sissy" when you're eight years old.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

hahah...that boy does look like a sissy

Yang Kuo said...

Children are not able to teach well with rules, the rules will always be forgotten them. Once the culture after a successful diet, they do not need the aid of memory,


เย็ดสาว