Wednesday, April 14, 2010

California Spring Break





We sent Brad off to California by spending Spring Break there. We had a lot of fun and it made me wonder just a little bit why we are waiting to all move down there. Then I remembered we were staying in other people's houses.
We had a great time with Mema, Tutu Man, Ben and Mariela who are getting also moving to Woodland Hills. The kids played outside (with no chance of snow) and followed Boone (the dog) around everywhere. My mom hosted the annual easter egg hunt and the kids gorged themselves on candy as always.

We also had a great time at Callie's where Brad quickly made himself at home. The kids played at the park, made jetpacks out of cereal boxes (great idea Jessi), and kept each other awake:) After driving around for a bit and looking at neighborhoods I'm feeling a little more comfortable with our moving plans and I'm glad we are choosing Newbury Park.

For my birthday, my mom sent Brad and I on a dinner/dance cruise. It was very cool and I had a blast. The dinner was great, the view was fantastic, and I forced Brad to dance. Great birthday present! It was a great break from the kids too!
My dad helped me drive down (Brad drove his own car by himself) and my mom helped me drive back up and we stayed in the same great hotel both times. The kids loved the pool even though it was still a little chilly.
We're sad to be without Brad, but we are glad to be home and ready to pack up to be with him again!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Rich's sister lives in Woodland Hills. I remember looking at some of the for sale signs and thinking that there were actually some reasonably priced houses there. It seems like a really nice area to live. You guys should move there and then we'll visit:)

The Fullmer Times & Seasons said...

How exciting! I'm glad you've got moving plans underway.:)

We'll miss you even more when you're in California.
Brett & Melanie Fullmer

Stephen said...

I'm so excited for you guys to go down there. You deserve it. We really hope we will be joining you soon. Good ol California!!!!!! Your kids are so cute you guys. I cant believe how BIG Aaron is getting and Lani too..all of them. You look gorgeous Tara in the cruise picture. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We wish we could have been there with you. Hope you liked our email. Hahahha Love Jana