Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Years Resolutions

I love the feeling of having a new beginning. You can start from scratch, ignore the way that last year's goals fizzled out and try, try again. Here are some of my New Years Resolutions:
Educational:
1. Finish writing my book.
2. Design a webpage
3. Take the GRE
4. Finish Queen Liliuokalani’s autobiography/and Healing the Child Within (Sara gave me two years ago).
Physical/Emotional Well-being:
5. Work on my food addiction-eat less junk food
6. Participate in at least a 5k
8. Go back to my hip hop class
9. Have regular girls’ nights
Charitable:
10. Get involved in the community
11. Help someone who needs help
12. Hold a charity dinner.
Hobbies:
13. Take a sewing class
14. Make Lani an Easter dress
15. Refinish my chairs
16. Reupholster my sofas
Wants:
17. See Wicked
18. Hold a 4th of July party in our circle
19. Have a 30th birthday party
20. Go see my parents in California
21. Prepare a will-notarized
22. Have a date night once a month-the temple every other month (every month is not realistic for me)
23. Spend more quality time with my kids.
24. Next year, enroll Ian in preschool
25. Teach a Hula class at Golds Gym
26. Get a new desk
Financial:
27. Spend less money (after the after-Christmas sales)
28. Save money every month.
29. Totally finish the house. (Trim, shelves for toys, some electrical...)
30. Stick to my budget.
Church:
31. Do my visiting teaching without kids.
32. Make a bulletin board for primary.
33. Read the Book of Mormon with Aaron.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

wow that's a list!!! You pretty much summed it up! It was great seeing you guys. We're planning a trip in the summer so you guys should come up then too.

Alicia said...

Wow! I can't even make a list like that cuz I know it wouldn't happen! Can I read your book? I'm going to call you sometime this month, so be prepared!