Friday, September 12, 2008

Palin VP nominee


Okay, I think serious concerns have been raised about the Palin nominee. I've been an Obama supporter since I first heard about him. I like his idealism, his attitude toward change, and the fact that he opens up the subject of race in a country that sometimes tries to hide the existence of racism. (I'm not necessarily a democrat, I just like Obama.) I don't know that he will be effective in the White House, but I am willing to give him a chance. On the other hand, McCain does have experience, military and otherwise. But, Palin? I'm not sure about her. Matt Damon also raises some concerns about Palin.
Did anyone else know that Palin was mayor of about 7000 and governor of less than the city of Salt Lake? Anyway, I think she is very inexperienced. I admire her showmanship and Glenn Beck's view here paints a nice picture.
Still, apart from her lack of experience in foreign policy, I have other concerns as well, but in that department maybe I'm just too traditional for modern America. Anyway, I think everyone should seriously look at the candidates this year. Do some research and make an informed decision. I doubt my vote will make much of a difference in Republican Utah, but I will cast it anyway.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I was pretty much 100% for Obama prior to hearing Palin's speech at the RNC. Yes, some say she's inexperienced. But look at what the Cato Institute said, "However, Palin’s tenure as Alaska governor equals, if not exceeds, Obama in experience. Palin, 44, has spent 12 years in elected office: 10 years as a city councilor and mayor and nearly two as governor. Obama, 47, has also spent 12 years in office: eight years as a state senator and close to four as a U.S. senator." I'd rather have an inexperienced VP than President. However, I'm going to pay very close attention to both Obama and McCain.

Megan said...

Love it Tara! You know that I am a fairly biased Democrat, but Palin's interview last night proved once again she is not ready for prime time. McCain not only would be the the oldest Pres elected he has also had cancer 4 times. It is very likely that she could end up taking over if they were elected and that scares me!

If you want to help Obama in NV, we could use it! (Because I know you have so much free time :)!