Monday, January 11, 2010

By request...

Okay, Holly and Jana, (and anyone else looking for a good homemade bbq sauce) here is the sauce I made the other night-it's actually Betty Crocker's recipe-

Smoky Barbecue Sauce
1/2 c ketchup
1/4 c water (I never add this)
3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons white vinegar (I actually use apple cider vinegar)
2 teaspoons celery seed (I don't keep this around so I don't add it)
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke (mmmm)
1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce (you can add more for a little more spicy)

Heat all ingredients to boiling in 1-quart saucepan; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 15 min, stirring occasionally.
OR
Throw everything together. (Double ingredients because it's also great on top of rice.) Pour onto whatever meat you are baking (I've tried chicken and pork ribs, my favorite). Cook in the oven for however long you normally cook your meat:)

1 comment:

Jana said...

AWESOME Tara, thanks so much. I am excited to try this recipe out. It will be great!!!!! It was so wonderful to see you after the New Year. We loved it. Stephen especially loved reading to Lani...he keeps talking about it. :) We love you guys...PS Little Malina is so so beauitful