Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Weekly Post

I am at a loss for things to post lately. I think it's because it's cold outside so we basically hibernate and I don't have any new pictures to show you guys. So...I will finally post my recipe. I was waiting for us to eat something really great and take a pretty pic of it, but...that never happened.

Crockpot Kalua Pork:

3 cups of apple juice
1 pork roast
rock salt
liquid smoke
rice
cabbage (optional)

Rub pork roast with rock salt and 1 tsp of liquid smoke. Place in crockpot with apple juice for 8-10 hrs (depending on how big a roast). Shred cooked pork (keep some juice) and serve over rice. Boil cut up cabbage and serve with pork.

Leftovers are great for sandwiches, or with BBQ sauce on a bun, or with green enchilada sauce on a tortilla.

Oh, my favorite cleaning product, Jess, is Walmart's brand of all-purpose cleaning wipes: Disinfecting Redi Wipes. I just like to throw yucky stuff away (that's not very green of me, but it's true).

2 comments:

Travis Kay said...

yeah! thanks for doing that...I truly was looking for new stuff to try and so I'm glad you posted. I will definitely try both. I'm all about throwing away the wipes used to clean bathrooms...just can't get myself to wash and re-use stuff that's been on the toilet seats and cleaning up icky stuff.

Travis Kay said...

oh ha...that's me not Trav =)